Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Heavy cream biscuits

In a previous post, I pondered what I should do with my extra cream from the panna cotta. Well, I started on Sunday morning with a delicious batch of cream biscuits.





Ingredients:

  • 2 cups self-rising flour
    OR
    2 cups all purpose flour + 3 tsp baking powder + 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream


Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
  2. Stir everything together until the dough forms a ball.
  3. Turn the dough out onto a surface dusted with additional flour. Fold dough in 1/2 and knead a bunch. (Add flour as needed to keep dough from sticking to your hands.)
  4. Roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Or, if you're lazy like me, just knead it until you think it's about the right thickness.
  5. Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter coated with flour a glass coated with flour or, if you're me, an appropriately-sized metal measuring cup coated in flour, cut dough into biscuits.
  6. Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray, leaving at least 1-inch between each biscuit.
  7. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.



You got served!


Nom. So, my one error is that I think I may have added too much salt and baking powder. I'd cut that by about 25% next time and I'd also use WHEAT flour next time.

No comments: