Saturday, December 6, 2008

Lights, camera, action / I think I'm going for it this time

Two down, three to go. Classes, that is. I finished up genetic epidemiology and hospital epid last week. Home stretch: one week, two days to go.

This weekend's a bit of craziness... So far I've written one paper, completed my part of study guide questions, and started another paper. Monday means handing in two papers and taking a test (which I plan to study for tomorrow, assuming I can get this bacteriology paper done tonight)! Then I hope to make it to my friend's thesis defense in the afternoon before I start my social epid paper at night, then start studying for my mechanisms of bacterial pathogensis test. Those are both due the following Monday, but I guarantee the week will not contain much free time -- the test entails memorizing approximately 150 pages of text.

After all the classes are finished, I will have a few days before departing for my magical mystery tour of the Midwest. Dean, Juggles, and I are heading to Grand Rapids for a few days before we hop the Amtrak to Minnesota, where we'll be until the 30th. Then we hit Chicago for the New Year.

I was reflecting on the idea of already being close to ringing in the new year, and was going to type, "2009 will be a year filled with many changes." Then I began thinking back upon the last few years and realizing I've undergone a lot of changes in a short amount of time. But I seem to have really taken them in stride -- though some were definitely easier than others. Coming to Ann Arbor was a great decision for me -- I've really enjoyed my program of study, as well as all of the people I've met. It's so strange to think it'll all be over soon... At least the school part of "it."

And then?

Stay tuned for more... Because not even I know what the script for the sequel will be like.

No comments: