Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Forgive but don't forget, girl keep your head up

Found in the bottom of an envelope of stuff from Mom:
Gemini (May 21-June 21). You're certainly on a path, though it may not have a particular order or make sense to anyone but you. You don't have to explain yourself -- even to yourself. Just keep picking up the next thread and following it.


Reading that tonight made me breathe a sigh of relief for some reason. It's been a crazy, yet lighthearted despite occasional heaviness, summer. I've kept my head up. Boys confuse me, but that's okay. Growing older, I am so apprehensive because I've met so many guys who have such horrible potential, even when it's not expected. Turn your head for a moment, and they could turn on you. Yes, this sort of distrust has been formed over my 28 years. But, meh, it's okay.

I'm enjoying my friends. I'm enjoying Ann Arbor in the summertime. I'm enjoying my lab work. I love being around SPH. I have a wonderful roommate. I'm enjoying playing a lot of frisbee. I'm loving the laughter, the nights out, the drinks, the random conversations with new friends... Really, despite certain small doubts, I've learned to keep my head up and breathe a sigh of relief throughout life.

I've gone to Chicago twice this month, and will be there again in a few weeks. I went to NYC. My parents are planning a trip out here. I'm planning on going home for a bit.

It's all life. And life's not so bad. I'll post some pictures next, perhaps.

2 comments:

KN said...

It's been too long since we last talked. Too much baseball for me and just a busy life.

What boys are giving you trouble?

Nicole said...

hey love, thinking of you. hope i can come to ann arbor sometime. :)

nik