Friday, December 7, 2007

I'm a workin' man, with nowhere to go

I guess I think of the student unions as more of an undergraduate hangout and study place. I may have previously mentioned that I rather like the North Campus student union, Pierpont Commons, as well as the attached Duederstadt Center because a) open 24 hrs a day, b) cheap coffee, c) snacks are easy to purchase, d) lots of electrical outlets for plugging in my laptop, and e) comfortable seating areas. My SPH friends don't really hang out here because it's far enough away from the medical campus that it's inconvenient, but it's pretty close to my apartment.

Well, as a good little grad student would, I decided to come to Pierpont to have a crazy Friday night of studying. I walk in and immediately find my friend Ali sitting at a table, writing a paper. So, I open my laptop and get my study on with her. Not a half hour later does Joel walk in. So, now we have a table of three SPH folk, representing 3 of the 4 departments, sitting around studying and writing papers on a Friday night. It may not be a crazy drinking party, but it's certainly a crazy study party. Rock on with my pathophys!

No comments: