Friday, December 7, 2007

Eat your heart out on a plastic tray

Frustrations!

As background, to register at Michigan, you can go in before your registration time and "Backpack" the classes you want to take, so then when your registration appointment occurs, you can more easily register by moving the courses from your Backpack into your actual registration.

That being noted, I have to take this course on viral and molecular lab techniques. When I placed it in my backpack, it was offered from 12-3 on Tues and Thrs. Fine. I found a neat Reproductive Epidemiology course to take immediately afterward to fulfill some credits. Upon my actual registration, though, the lab course was listed from 3-6 pm on Tues and Thrs. This upset me a bit, but I found an Infectious Disease Epid course to take during the afternoon on those days to fulfill a few extra credits, instead of the repro course. And everything was fine and dandy....

Until today. I was talking to my friend Greg today about our class schedule for next semester, since we're both in the same major. We were comparing schedules, so I logged on to look at my course listing. Guess what... the lab course is now offered from 12-3 on Tues and Thrs. Nifty. That's great, except the repro epid course that I was originally going to take is full.

Luckily, Greg mentioned that he's taking Cancer Epid in the same time slot. So, now I might be taking Cancer Epid instead of Infectious Disease or Repro Epid. However, I also found out that I can take Environmental Epid, because you don't have to have so many crazy prerequisites after all!

So... the cancer epid is going to give me permission to enter his course, and the environmental epid lady might too. So, now I have to make the decision: do I take a course that fulfills one of my core requirements (cancer epid), or do I take the class that I'm really interested in (environmental epid)...?

That is to be determined at a later date, I guess! Right now, I'm just happy to have worked out the kinks quickly enough to find another course to take.

Now back to the HW. My paper writing process is much slower than I expected.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

This entry gave me a headache!!!

I had a dream (nightmare?) the other night that I had registered for this fun art class. However, I had paid like $500 for it and didn't know 1)where it met 2)when it met or 3)any helpful information about it. In the dream, I was at home with my family in Minnesota. Instead of being nice to them, I was worried and frustrated and snapping at them because I couldn't find anything out about the class.

What does it all mean?!?

Hope your schedule is figured out. :)