Friday, August 24, 2007

Would you leave your life and ride?

I experimented with the bus system (The Ride) this morning to get to campus for an interview for a research position with an OB/GYN. It was a slick little system. The bus stop was about a 5 minute walk from my apartment door, and I ended up waiting for the bus for about 10 minutes before hopping on for a 5 minute ride to the Medical Center. (I would have walked had I not been wearing "tall shoes," or minded being stinky.)

I found the building -- this random tiny UM building in the middle of a residential neighborhood across from the Med Center -- and wound my way up to the lady's office. Her student worker offered to help me and I mentioned my special purpose. Everything was looking up, up, up until the OB wasn't there. Yeah. Just not there. The student worker said that she hadn't seen the doctor yet today. So I left a note and went home.

I walked into our apartment's office today to add our last maintenance request (shower drain doesn't drain well) and received THREE FedEx packages. Yea! The rest of my clothes and my running shoes have made it to A2!

We're still waiting for our USPS mail to start coming to us. Apparently, the post mistress needs to deliver us keys for our mailbox before we can actually receive mail...

So, it's a hot and humid day. K and I have a few errands to run, then I might have to hit the pool!

1 comment:

KN said...

Blog...

Glad to know that everything is going swimmingly. I'm sad that we didn't a quality good bye happy hour, but I'm sure you'll be back to the cities at some point to see us again.

Anyway, I'm with Gert's fam in Colorado and it's brutal, but manageable. i'm looking forward to driving 14+ hours tomorrow. It will be relaxing by comparison.

Take care.

Kevin