Friday, August 24, 2007

I'm walkin', yes indeed

Kellie and I decided to see how long it would take to walk from our apartment to SPH today, just in case we ever feel motivated enough in the mornings to make the trek. Forty-seven minutes. Those 47 minutes did include giving some lady directions to State Street from Plymouth Road (which took a while since we had little idea where to go), as well as waiting for a year for one of the lights to give us a walk signal. So... maybe not great for the morning commute, but also a little exaggeration for the actual time it'd take.

We walked through SPH to get a blast of AC since it was really hot outside and played with the directory before headings over to find Fletcher Street where I deposited my health forms. We hit one of the bookstores and spent forever looking at all of the Michigan apparel -- everything from scarves and sweaters to flip flops and ties.

After the bookstore, we went to Stucchi's -- this awesome little ice cream place that Jeff told me about -- for "dinner". I had a double scoop of "Texas Tea" (a blend of chocolate and fudge and tastiness) and White Russian Fudge (coffee and fudge goodness). Kellie enjoyed a double scoop of Texas Tea and this peanut butter-cheesecake flavor.

Lisha and her cone


Kellie says U Can't Touch This


After Stucchi's, we kept wandering around campus and playing around. We found the Michigan Union and escaped a torrential downpour, while exploring the delightful restaurant options available, as well as picking up interesting brochures. Once the rain subsided, we went outside to play around The Cube nearby.





We continued playing around campus, Kellie giving me her version of the Grand Tour. We walked through Angell Hall to find the "Fish Bowl" -- a huge computer lab enclosed in glass -- and giggled about how Angell and Haven Halls are connected (I dunno, it's funny...). She showed me the Diag, where you do not step on the "M" near the library or you get bad luck forever and ever times infinity. It's necessary that you walk around it, apparently. We found the Michigan League and rested our feet for a little while before grabbing the bus home.

Here I am stuck in Angell Hall. Kellie is nice enough to lend me a helping hand.


Have a great Friday evening, all. I'm so thrown off about what day it is because of this whole "unemployment" thing.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

great pics.

missing you in AZ...

nik

p.s. http://desertnik.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

you went to stucci's. so proud.

Alicia said...

Yes, that was per your suggestion... It was the first ice cream place we visited. However, I've now also gone to Washtenaw Dairy, Ben and Jerry's, and Baskin Robbins. I still <3 Stucci's... probably the most.