Thursday, January 24, 2013

The time to hesitate is through / No time to wallow in the mire

"The time to hesitate is through."

I have 29 days until I defend my dissertation.  Which means, I have about 10 days to finish writing it and get the finished copy to my adviser for edits before I submit it to my committee.  It's currently 38,000 words and 148 pages, but that should increase quite a bit before I'm done.  

It's going to be a whirlwind next few weeks with a lot of big and important events.  It's going to go like this, except imagine that you're the MicroMachines man saying all of this:
Present work to peers next week, finish writing dissertation, edit dissertation, hand to committee, create dissertation Powerpoint, give mock dissertation presentation in lab, run to Washington for a weekend to meet with new employer, find a place to live, come back to Michigan, perfect dissertation presentation, parents arrive, defend dissertation, throw goodbye party, paint bathroom and hallway, parents leave, pack up house, do edits to dissertation, submit to Rackham, finish packing up house, drive across the country, start work.


More on all of this soon!  Right now, TO THE DISSERTAT-MOBILE!


p.s. This is how I'll feel on Feb 22 after I defend...  Like ALL of these people combined.



No comments: