Thursday, January 5, 2012

Recessive genes

I somehow managed to never know my blood type until now, at 31 years old.  I was at the doctor earlier this week and she suggested I get blood typed in case I want to reproduce at some point in time.  Of course, most Americans (85%) are Rh positive, so it shouldn't be a big deal.  But, in the case that I'm Rh negative and decide to have kids and Juggles is Rh positive, we could all implode with horrible cases of autoimmune stuff-n-things (or something) if we don't find out beforehand.  

Turns out I'm A- blood type.

This means I'm Rh negative, along with a small percentage of the U.S. population.

And Juggles is A+, meaning he's a typical Rh positive American.

Of course, both my my parents are Rh positive.  So, lucky me and my recessive genes!  Now I'll have to get injections of fuzzmonkeys in order to stop the implosion of autoimmune stuff-n-things if/when I have babies.












No comments: