Saturday, April 12, 2008

Whoaaaa, we're halfway there, livin' on a prayer; take my hand, we'll make it I swear

Ahhh, another weekend. I don't think this weekend or the next actually count as "weekends," though, since I'll be studying for finals constantly. Today's studies will consist of bacteriology and genetics, situated at a coffee shop somewhere near campus, perhaps with my friend Mark.

My test schedule is as follows:
  • Tuesday, April 15 -- Bacteriology Final
  • Friday, April 18 -- Genetics Final
  • Saturday, April 19 -- Cancer Final
  • Monday, April 21 -- Biostat Final
  • Wednesday, April 23 -- Epid Final

Of course, within that time frame, I am also playing frisbee, trying to get some work hours in, and going to a lecture given by His Holiness the Dalai Lama. But... I will be done after the 23rd, and I believe that we Epid 601 test-takers will be headed immediately to a bar after our final is over to celebrate our freedom.

I was looking into taking a Spanish class to brush up on my language skills, but it turns out that it starts this week. And, well, I can't exactly afford to take a night off of studying when I have a lot to get accomplished, so I may just have to wait until the next community ed session.

Sadly, I really have nothing of interest to report. Life has been fairly low-key lately, as we've all had busy semesters. My roommate is leaving for South Dakota on Friday, then coming back and immediately leaving for her internship in China. I will most likely be living by my lonesome for the summer, but Kristin and I are planning on going camping a few times, and I'm hoping to get to NYC to visit Marina and Carrick, and maybe see Matt play at some point in time this summer.

The big news was of my parents being in town last weekend. It seems so long ago! We ate good food, wandered around Ann Arbor, checked out Hash Bash, and saw Brad Mehldau and his trio play the Michigan Theater. It's always fun to have them around, and I hope they can make it down sometime for longer than just a couple of days.

So, I'm done on the 23rd. Anyone who wants to come visit me should do so over the summer. It's going to be quiet in Ann Arbor!

1 comment:

KN said...

I'm glad to see that you're blogging more again. I'll have to check back more often than I have been recently.

...when baseball allows me to do so.