Thursday, March 27, 2008

With your past and your future precisely divided, am I at that moment? I haven't decided.

Summer's upon us. I know this because pick-up ultimate is full-blown and great, and spring league is starting this week. The news is that I'm being courted by two co-ed teams this summer (Ignition and Hybrid). It's nice to be a girl frisbee player -- you end up with a thousand men around you bribing you to be theirs... or at least on their team. So, I'm actually considering playing co-ed this summer. It sounds like one of the teams is looking to be quite competitive -- looking for a spot in nationals, with the thought that they just combined a really great men's team with a really great women's team and they've got a chance. The other team seems a little more laid back.

I haven't played co-ed in a while, aside from a few tournaments here and there with friends' teams, just because my knees are absolutely horrible. I'm attempting to beef them up by running more frequently. They kill after about 3 miles, but within a day or two, I can pull it together and do it again. I definitely need to work on my speed if I decide to play co-ed this summer, though. I'm definitely not as quick as I used to be. So... the seed has been planted in my mind. It's definitely a possibility that I'll make it to a few tournaments this summer. Maybe I'll hit Cooler and Sandblast, at least.




What else? St. Paddy's Day was a few weeks ago. We had a blast, of course, despite the fact that we had three tests to study for! Here are a few photos:

Some of the girls:
Emily, Marina, Kristin, Catherine


The boys, jigging:
Krishna (and his awesome tie), Steve (and his awesome kilt), Andy (and his snazzy, non-Irish outfit)


Swinging with Andy


I had stolen Andy's tie to make him more comfortable.
Steve didn't approve of my tie-tying abilities, so he had to show me the proper way.




Academically, this semester I've rocked my first presentation given since high school. It was a group presentation that we managed to pull off fairly last minute, but still turned out pretty well. No one knows a darn thing about plasma-cell leukemia, so I think we could have made stuff up and no one would have noticed. I did fabulously on my first set of midterms. My second set was a bit harder, though I still did pretty well.

I'm ... still .... waiting .... to hear about my internship with RickAwesome. He's struggling with funding issues, which makes me a little sad because it threatens my position with him. However, I may have found myself some funding if he can find us some lab space, so at least I won't be in the poor house this summer, if he can take me on. Fingers crossed for me?!




So, yup, life is pretty okay. The internship-thing makes me slightly nervous, but Rick's so laid back and not worrying about it so it keeps me sane. But, I've only got a month of school left, and my parents are coming to town in a week! My dad will certainly rock the Zingerman's first thing upon arrival, I'm sure. I'm really looking forward to seeing them!

No comments: