Sunday, November 18, 2007

Questions of science, science and progress do not speak as loud as my heart...

People in Michigan really seem to love Coldplay. Every time I turn on the radio, I manage to hear some Coldplay. "I came along, I wrote a song for you and all the things you do, and it was called 'Yellow...'" I'm almost positive that I could choose a rap or jazz station and they would somehow integrate Coldplay into their listening.

So, I'm studying at this place on North Campus called Pierpont Commons. It's basically just a student union with a lot of really comfortable areas for studying, grabbing a bite to eat, shooting some pool, etc. I found a great spot near a guy who is such an incredible pianist that I conclude he must be a music student. Really... his fingers are flying up and down the grand piano nearby.

He started out with some Beethoven, then moved to a Chopin-era composition and ... wow. Beautiful. I couldn't have asked for better study music. So, after he finished his second extraordinary classical work, he pauses for a few seconds.... and begins playing music from Coldplay's album A Rush of Blood to the Head. He's still at it. At least he's playing "The Scientist," which always reminds me of Byrneebie, and a little bit of Moniqua.

So, now I'm singing along in my head, which isn't nearly as great for this whole "study" thing.

No comments: